LED-lit electric violin
The Prism is an electric violin whose body lights up with an on-board LED system. This onboard LED system has several modes.
The Prism has the simple and sleek design of our electric violins line and a pickup with excellent sound quality!
The Prism incorporates dozens of LEDs in order to light up on stage. It offers different lighting settings selectable by the violinist:
- Mode 1 – Breath: A selectable color that flickers intermittently like breathing
- Mode 2 – Pure: A single color chosen by the violinist
- Mode 3 – Gradient: A changing color gradient, adaptable by the violinist
- Mode 4 – Prism: A changing color gradient, based on a prism’s colors
- Mode 5 – Sound Reactive: A responsive mode depending on what is played by the violinist. The Prism lights up with different intensities depending on the notes played.
- Mode 6 – Color Reactive: A responsive mode depending on what is played by the violinist. The Prism changes colors according to the notes played.
- Mode 7 – Fire: A mode that imitates flames.
Other modes are being developed and will be available to violinists free of charge.
Like Line, the Prism electric violin is equipped with the S pickup. It is a very responsive electric piezo pickup with great sound quality. The power of these pickups avoids the use of an internal preamp. All S pickups are manufactured by 3Dvarius.
LED and sound systems are completely separated to avoid sound interferences.
The LEDs are powered by a 9-volt battery. We suggest using a 9-volt rechargeable battery, as its purpose is solely to power the LEDs.
The LEDs are controllable using two rotary and push buttons. The first button allows the violinist to control the different modes and select the colors. The second manages the LED light intensity. The light intensity is such that, in dark setting, it is necessary to decrease it in order to avoid being blinded!
The battery life is approximately 2 hours, depending on the mode and intensity of the selected LEDs.
The electronic system embedded in the violin body can be updated by the user. Suggested updates will be made available to instrumentalists, as free downloads from our website.
Shape & Design
The Prism’s design is similar to our other electric violins. The design was created in order to be the most simple as possible.
After machining, the violin body is sanded manually to obtain a soft feel and undergoes a series of post-treatments in order to protect it durably.
The electronic system is placed in a custom box, into which transparent parts are inserted.
They provide excellent LED reflection on the whole violin body and great color visibility for the audience.
Made In France
Like all our electric violins, the Prism is entirely made in France, specifically in Occitania, home of 3Dvarius.